Where to get WILDFIRE
You can download WILDFIRE from here.
Alternatively, do a cvs checkout from ...
Why you need WILDFIRE
- If you are a bioinformatician performing a routine several times
for different input sequences, you NEED WILDFIRE.
- If you do not wish to sit for too long a time in front of a computer terminal
executing several programs, you NEED WILDFIRE.
- If you need to piece together several programs to perform a workflow, you NEED WILDFIRE.
- If you want the option of running your workflow on a PC, yet be able to run it on
the cluster with some clever 3rd party scheduler plus the option to run the same workflow
on the Grid and you are relunctant to change your codes for each of these implementations;
YOU NEED WILDFIRE.
What you need
Before installing WILDFIRE, this is what you need to have on your sysem:
- GEL (Grid Execution Language) Workflow Engine
- Java JRE version >= 1.4.2
- Apache Ant for compilation, if you download the source.
- EMBOSS-2.8.0 (if you intend to compose EMBOSS workflow)
- WINDOWS 2000/XP, UNIX/LINUX
- Access to an UNIX or LINUX cluster if you want to run EMBOSS workflow
- Globus account for Grid execution (optional). GridFtp has to work!
How to install
Refer to WILDFIRE DOWNLOAD PAGE
What you will see in the WILDFIRE window
Program object panel
The icons you see here are licensed with GPL License,
Copyright © 2004 CHUA Ching Lian, Bioinformatics Institute, A*Star, Singapore.